Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sausages

Venison sausages to be precise...a quick trip to the butchers on my way to work for pig fat and sausage casing and I was ready to go for it that night.

Using the honest-food recipe found here /venison-sausages-with-basil-and-garlic/ I bought garlic, wine and fresh basil on my way home.

As the venison was pre minced I chopped and minced the fat with the herbs and garlic, and with help mushed it all together. Having no idea how much sausage skin I needed I took to much off but that's okay. Our mincer is totally inadequate for stuffing and so a proper stuffer will need to be purchased if Wal is serious about sausage making.

A quick taste test of some mix fried up and we were ready to go.






















They definitely needed more basil but that was my error. But overall, a success.

No comments: